Everyday a new look, sound or glimpse into her personality. I can't believe she is here. It has been three weeks but it feels like a lifetime ago that we were in the hospital awaiting her arrival. I watch the videos sentimentally trying to convince myself of the true depth of what has happened. But yet it seems that I still feel like a voyeur as of late in my life.
Ella continues to grow like a weed, with her little face filling out, and she is starting to fit some of her clothes. We are starting to sketch out some type of routine which consists of mostly four hour nap times with a period of cluster feeding around 9pm every night. We are truly lucky to have such a good little girl, who really only fusses when the food doesn't appear in front of her fast enough. She alertly chats on Skype and is almost holding her head up all by herself.
I have to admit I was quite afraid once Gramma and Grampa left, but Jesse, Ella and I have pulled together as a little team and have worked well to ensure that everyone gets enough to eat, and enough sleep. Uncle Dave stopped by for a visit last weekend (auntie Kate was greatly missed) which after almost a year of not seeing him it was the perfect time for him to come visit Ella, Gramma, Grampa and of course us. It makes us really sad that we can't be closer, what I wouldn't give to live in the same city, and have sunday dinners.
We can't wait to visit Thunder Bay in April and are so excited for Ella to meet the rest of the family.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
3 1/2 Weeks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is a pretty pictures and it seems like change is fast everytime when I see the pictures. Kaz
Post a Comment